Quarters 1 and 2
Topic: Scientific Method
- Scientists ask and identify questions to gain knowledge or solve problems.
- Scientists develop and use models to represent amounts, relationships, relative scales, and/or patterns in the natural and designed world(s).
- Systems have cycles and patterns
- Tools help us collect data
- Patterns can be studied and used to make predictions
- Changes in weather affects our daily lives.
- How do we determine weather patterns?
- How do tools help us collect data?
- How can we use weather patterns to help explain our world?
- All living things have structures specifically designed to help them survive.
- Organisms change over time to adapt to their environment and ensure their survival.
- Science and technology can have positive and/or negative effects on the environment.
- How do the structures of living things help them survive?
- How do plants and animals depend on each other for survival?